cool tech zone zone
Wired In-Ear Listening Devices - Printable Version

+- cool tech zone zone (https://forum.cooltech.zone)
+-- Forum: Tangara (https://forum.cooltech.zone/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.cooltech.zone/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Wired In-Ear Listening Devices (/showthread.php?tid=8)

Pages: 1 2

Wired In-Ear Listening Devices - Construc_ - 2024-03-13

headphones? earphones? those things that make sounds and you put them in your side holes. whatever those are called.
its been years since ive carried a pair, and id like to get a decent set for using with the Tangara. any recommendations? wired are ideal.

RE: Wired In-Ear Listening Devices - jacqueline - 2024-03-13

I use a pair of salnotes zeroes most of the time! They were thirty bucks, they sound good, and they don't fall out of my ears. Everyone a give a lend of them to says "wow these are great!" and gets a pair for themselves.

At my desk I've got a pair of DT770 pros that I got specifically to test with Tangara. They sound great! Tho I wouldn't exactly say they're great value. Mostly I wish they were a little more convenient for wandering about home doing chores.

RE: Wired In-Ear Listening Devices - OBLIVI10N - 2024-03-13

I use the Jabra Elite 75t to listen with my phone, but when I receive my Tangara I'll get some proper wired headphones. I've bookmarked the Salnotes.

Quote:At my desk I've got a pair of DT770 pros

So do I!

RE: Wired In-Ear Listening Devices - rayne - 2024-03-13

dt770s are really nice! i think they're my fav headphones i've used, but i had to start using IEMs because over the ear headphones irritate my skin after a while (at least the ones i've tried) Undecided 

i know they're pretty widely unpopular because they have low bass response but i really like moondrop ssrs, they're not mega expensive, and also come in really gay colours! i think they sound pretty good? i'm not that into bass though! ymmv!

RE: Wired In-Ear Listening Devices - mtm - 2024-03-13

I have a pair of open-back Hifiman Sundaras (32 ohm) that sound great but can be tiring to wear for an extended time. Definitely in the market for some sort of IEM to use with the Tangara.

RE: Wired In-Ear Listening Devices - neckspike - 2024-03-13

I'm a little freak who loves the Sony MDR-EX15s which are probably the cheapest thing Sony makes.

RE: Wired In-Ear Listening Devices - JessPhoenix - 2024-03-13

I'm not sure if they're portable enough for when my queerPod arrives, but the Audio Technica ATH-M50x at my deskside haven't failed me in nearly a decade of use.

EDIT: If the prompt was "actually in ear" and not "lol whatever makes sound at your head" then my recommendation sucks: the ten dollar in-ear buds I bought at a Best Buy on a road trip 15 years ago and are probably still in the back of a drawer somewhere, unused since my phones started requiring bluetooth earbuds.

RE: Wired In-Ear Listening Devices - kg1 - 2024-03-13

I have some KZ ZS10 Pro ($25-40) for a few years, and recently Moondrop Aria. I have dropped and hit the KZs daily, yanked them out getting them caught on objects, no issues so far

RE: Wired In-Ear Listening Devices - Habmala - 2024-03-13

When I backed the Tangara I got excited and dug out an old mp3 player and some headphones to go along with it. I think they are Bose qc20. They were probably expensive when I got them and likely old today but they absolutely samsh my modern Sony wireless earbuds (latest wireless mx5 or something I think) to pieces on every metric other than being wireless. Super comfortable and great sound, plus awesome noice canceling (I remember getting them for an airplane flight years ago).

RE: Wired In-Ear Listening Devices - apfel - 2024-03-14

wired, not in-ear, and well-known enough already I assume: I'm mostly using Koss porta pro for travel-friendly listening