Using Tangara as a USB source
I have a Schiit Asgard and was wondering if there is an option to have Tangara use it as the DAC through the USB connection.  If not I might try my hand at some firmware hacking  Neocat_cool

Hmm, if that is possible, I wonder if the DAC and audio amps can be turned off/put in low-power mode to conserve power while acting as my desktop stereo?
We're not going to be able to provide power to other devices over USB for the initial production run, but other than that we should be able to act as a USB audio source! We also do have pretty good low-power modes for the DAC and amp (we already power them down when your output is set to Bluetooth!)
No need for power (the Asgard has its own power supply and is a thirsty beast, it's running 500mW of Class A bias and acts as a small space heater!).

Now I'm suddenly having ideas of an auxiliary bluetooth control panel widget on my computer for Tangara... so much hacking potential
Are you saying that I'll be able to use an external DAC with my Tangara?  Please say yes.
So long as the external DAC is a self-powered USB host, I think it's possible. Those seem like some fairly hefty caveats to me, although I admit I don't have a great knowledge of the kinds of interfaces that are common for external DACs.