How robust is the screen?
I was wondering if anyone of you who have had Tangaras for a while has had any issues with scratched or broken screens after shoving then in bags, purses or pockets. I was thinking I'd make a case (sweing one maybe) because the screen seems a bit exposed in pictures. But then someone mentioned on mastodon that they had had to redo one because there was dust or something under a screen protector.

So I'm thinking if there's a screen protector, maybe it's not as delicate as I was afraid. What has your experience been?

Thanks
Habmala
Yep, we're including a plastic screen protector in between the screen and the case. The screen protector has gotten a bit scratched on Robin's tangara, who tends to keep it loose in a backpack. Mine has been fine so far in my pocket (not with my keys or anything particularly likely to scratch tho), and in an generic electronics carry case I keep it in when I'm not using it. I personally like using a case to store it with my earphones and usb-c cable, and a case would help with the screen protector staying pristine for longer, but there isn't any risk of the screen itself getting scratched in that way. Smile
(2024-10-16, 09:32 PM)ailurux Wrote: Yep, we're including a plastic screen protector in between the screen and the case. The screen protector has gotten a bit scratched on Robin's tangara, who tends to keep it loose in a backpack. Mine has been fine so far in my pocket (not with my keys or anything particularly likely to scratch tho), and in an generic electronics carry case I keep it in when I'm not using it. I personally like using a case to store it with my earphones and usb-c cable, and a case would help with the screen protector staying pristine for longer, but there isn't any risk of the screen itself getting scratched in that way. Smile
Thanks. That feels like the best answer I could have hoped for. I'm fine with being careful or getting a few scratches on a screen protector. And also glad not to have to worry too much about my keys (or whatever) poking a hole in the screen itself.