Feature request - reset volume on startup
Not sure if this is the right place or if I should have posted elsewhere, sorry. Hoping it will work out. Just wanted to say there is a feature I really miss on my current mp3-player. I would like it to reset the volume when it turns on.

I have a cheap bad speaker on the kitchen counter at home, it needs me to raise the volume to about 40. But the next day when I'm on my way to work with me little headphones they want a volume of about 8 or 9. Forgetting to lower the volume is an uncomfortable mistake. If I could set it to always start up at the same (low) volume, that would save me (and my headphones) a loud surprise.

Thanks
// Habmala
(2024-05-28, 04:48 AM)Habmala Wrote: Not sure if this is the right place or if I should have posted elsewhere, sorry. Hoping it will work out. Just wanted to say there is a feature I really miss on my current mp3-player. I would like it to reset the volume when it turns on.

I have a cheap bad speaker on the kitchen counter at home, it needs me to raise the volume to about 40. But the next day when I'm on my way to work with me little headphones they want a volume of about 8 or 9. Forgetting to lower the volume is an uncomfortable mistake. If I could set it to always start up at the same (low) volume, that would save me (and my headphones) a loud surprise.

Thanks
// Habmala

Hey, this sounds like a really useful feature to support. It's something that's doable at the moment, we currently have support for running custom Lua on start up, and it'd be easy to set the volume through that. But we could definitely add it to the on device settings menu as well.
(2024-05-28, 12:24 PM)ailurux Wrote: Hey, this sounds like a really useful feature to support. It's something that's doable at the moment, we currently have support for running custom Lua on start up, and it'd be easy to set the volume through that. But we could definitely add it to the on device settings menu as well.

Smile Love that this is doable with scripting, and even more that we have responsive devs listening to the community. Even if there had been some reason this wasn't possible I know you would have answered and explained. Great work, the entire team.

Sooo looking forward to getting my hands on a Tangara when they finally ship.
No worries!

I think it's actually just one line of code, too. Just a `config.lua` in the root directory of your SD card, containing

Code:
require("volume").current_pct:set(10) -- or whatever other value!

(This is assuming it's a wired speaker plus headphones; if either is Bluetooth, then we actually already remember a separate volume for each Bluetooth device)