Built in Speaker
Well I inspired myself with that last reply, so I went to my pile of phones and opened up an iPhone 6 - as expected, the speaker has no connector but instead makes contact to a bit of bare metal on a flex cable below it, with little bendy pins.

Soldered a chopped aux cable onto the pins and that's a bingo - she plays. Sounds pretty not great though, and not very loud. I suspect an amp and a lower output from the iPod might help the sound quality a bit? But proof of concept proven. I suspect a newer iPhone speaker would sound better (as my iPhone 13 speaker sounds great)

Sound demo here - https://www.youtube.com/shorts/4OkoTCWa168 (bastards forced the video to be a short, and wont let me embed - bloody google.)

Definitely going to keep playing with this idea for my Tangara! There's about 8mm of space below the mainboard, plenty for the lipo and a couple iPhone speakers.
At this stage thinking I'll use an external switch that connects the speaker (or amp) to the pins of the headphone jack. With switch on it's playing from loudspeaker, and with switch off it plays though headphone jack (well actually with switch on it would be playing through both...)

[Image: cCJ7guL.png]

Messages In This Thread
Built in Speaker - by taylorhayis - 2024-03-14, 09:53 AM
RE: Built in Speaker - by Construc_ - 2024-03-15, 01:48 AM
RE: Built in Speaker - by taylorhayis - 2024-03-15, 04:23 AM
RE: Built in Speaker - by aga - 2024-03-15, 06:44 PM
RE: Built in Speaker - by taylorhayis - 2024-03-17, 07:45 AM
RE: Built in Speaker - by jacqueline - 2024-03-15, 09:47 PM