What SD/microSD cards will you use for Tangara?
I'd like to get the gist of what sort of SD cards or microSD cards that Tangara users plan to use.

Of course, SD cards and microSD cards are the de facto storage card format used by Tangara on the board level; but I was wondering if users get a full SD card, or will use a microSD card with SD card adapter.

For options from in-person stores, I see capacities of 1TB in microSD card form, but I only see a typical max of 128GB in full SD card form (or sometimes even 512GB).

I know that there are more options online (which are trust enough as sources for the average person) to get 1TB SD cards, but I was doing a quick look into what was available to me in my area's stores.  (The average person doesn't have to be concerned about MITM attacks and similar vulnerabilities from SD cards.)

Apparently the world's first available consumer 2TB microSD card was announced in January 2024, but somehow 2TB full sized SD cards are nowhere to be seen yet.

I typically don't care too much for numerical benchmarking values generally in tech, but I am curious if choosing between a microSD or SD card would make a difference regarding speed on the Tangara during "daily use", once all music is loaded onto Tangara's storage.  I want to say it shouldn't matter significantly, as I don't think Tangara would perform enough read/write operations onto storage to be significantly noticeable - though I'd like to know what others think.

Messages In This Thread
What SD/microSD cards will you use for Tangara? - by taivlam - 2024-04-22, 12:50 PM