What SD/microSD cards will you use for Tangara?
(2024-04-23, 01:30 AM)jacqueline Wrote: Tangara doesn't use a particularly high-speed mode of accessing the SD card, so any old card you can find will probably work fine! There's not really that much difference between full-size and micro sd cards; internally they're all much the same.

The SD card slot we're using on the device is full size mostly just because I think full size slots are a lot better for various non-technical reasons. e.g. most laptops with sd slots are also full size, so by matching that it's fast and easy to transfer a lot of music just by physically removing the card from Tangara; no extra adapter needed.

Thank you for the reply!  I think I will buy a microSD card and use a full-size SD card converter, if I buy a new card.  Just like how a 11th-gen Kindle Paperwhite with 32 GB of storage has a relatively giant capacity compared to the sizes of most locally loaded e-books (enough to go live in the woods), a 1TB would probably contain more music (and probably even long podcast episodes - though I'm not sure if/how Tangara will handle downloaded podcast episodes?) for me to listen to for the rest of my life. New microSD card at 512GB-1TB in my area would offer me the highest GB to price ratio in microSD form, compared to full-sized SD.

I was thinking of just using a USB-based SD card reader (something like this), as the newer ThinkPads models tend to have their historically customary full-size SD card slots replaced with microSD, or their customary microSD card slot being completely removed.  Framework has a microSD expansion card, but its full-sized SD card expansion card is currently in development.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What SD/microSD cards will you use for Tangara? - by taivlam - 2024-04-23, 08:50 AM