[case] is the sdcard tray secure against accidental opening?
(2024-09-14, 12:40 AM)ailurux Wrote: Heya, thanks for the question! We've designed the tray to be quite thin to prevent it from accidentally being pressed in, and it sits slightly shy of the case itself, so jostling in a pocket should be fine. You normally have to push the tray in quite a bit to get it to release.

Thank you for the explanation!

(2024-09-14, 12:40 AM)ailurux Wrote: I find I add new music often enough that having the sd card be easily accessible is ideal for me, but we encourage you to tinker with your devices to make them work for you.

I thought it might be possible to also transfer files via USB. So when I buy a new record I could transfer it that way.

(2024-09-14, 12:40 AM)ailurux Wrote: If you really wanted the additional security, you could use the open hardware files to design a new tray with an extra locking mechanism, or design a plug to replace the tray entirely and just cover the slot. In fact, I've already seen somebody design a case for Tangara with a sliding door to access the sd card instead of a tray.

Thank you for providing the hardware files. That enables users. I already saw a working tangara from Taylor Hay. I have not seen it yet, but is there a place to find forks of tangara? So when somebody makes modifications to hardware, firmware or design they could list their fork in a place where all others list their modifications?

Messages In This Thread
RE: [case] is the sdcard tray secure against accidental opening? - by momoninja - 2024-09-14, 10:13 AM