3d printed cases
If you scratch the MJF printes oiece, it will show black under the gray.
That process is so funky. They put a thin layer of white powder, print on it a layer of "special chemical that absorb UV" (black ink), blast it with UV so the "specially processed" (inked black) powder heat up and fuse with the layer under it while the other part processed with chemical to repel UV (white ink? Nothing?) stay powdery then they do the next layer.

The stone gray color when it's unprocessed it because it's the powder at the edge of the area inked black. I have a low-poly T65 printed quite large in MJF, a corner of the nose snapped and the inside was much darker than the outside. Quite the oppopposite of say anodized aluminium that would scratch mirror finish
thats just gonna add to the appeal. imagine as its used, its gonna start showing all the points of wear- everywhere its been bumped, all the places its held. that would be so cool.
This thing all things devours...
I'm stoked with the MJF print! Not perfect - but I intend to make more cases - including a CNC aluminium one too at some stage! 

I love this case! I particularly appreciate the extra-large chamfer on the touch-wheel (intentionally large enough to overlap with the edge features / go over the sides); good to hold, and great little visual detail.
[Image: tangara.png] [Image: any1.gif] [Image: cyberrot.gif] [Image: transnow2.gif] [Image: blinkl.gif]
(2024-05-01, 02:56 AM)buzzyrobin Wrote: I love this case! I particularly appreciate the extra-large chamfer on the touch-wheel (intentionally large enough to overlap with the edge features / go over the sides); good to hold, and  great little visual detail.

Thanks! I'd love to see it in machined polycarb - or ally Big Grin or PEEK. I originally wanted it in PEEK, but machining was like $500 from PCBWay... PEEK is expensive.
(2024-05-01, 04:20 AM)taylorhayis Wrote:
(2024-05-01, 02:56 AM)buzzyrobin Wrote: I love this case! I particularly appreciate the extra-large chamfer on the touch-wheel (intentionally large enough to overlap with the edge features / go over the sides); good to hold, and  great little visual detail.

Thanks! I'd love to see it in machined polycarb - or ally Big Grin or PEEK. I originally wanted it in PEEK, but machining was like $500 from PCBWay... PEEK is expensive.

I’m sure Zack from VoidStar Lab https://youtube.com/@zackfreedman would have some ideas for some exotic plastics you could use to make a case.