3d printed cases
Hey I don’t have access to a 3d printer but would love to get a different case when I get the Tangera. Is there any way y'all will be partnering with anyone making different cases for the outside. Like I would love to have a clear blue case or maybe a metal one. Just wondering thank you
the kind of plastic that will come with the first batch of tangara can be dyied to get a translucent color.
(2024-03-14, 06:56 PM)gkr Wrote: the kind of plastic that will come with the first batch of tangara can be dyied to get a translucent color.
What would I need to dye it?
Synthetic dyes should work! We're going to try this stuff: https://www.jacquardproducts.com/idye-poly

Will post pics of how it goes after we've tried it out!
im so excited to make a Star Wars inspired case! so much of the tech in that world is chunky and greeble and im so sick of everything being a bland slab (transparent isnt bland! the original case is cool!)
This thing all things devours...
(2024-03-14, 09:45 PM)jacqueline Wrote: Synthetic dyes should work! We're going to try this stuff: https://www.jacquardproducts.com/idye-poly

Will post pics of how it goes after we've tried it out!
Rit Dyemore is their equivalent to idye poly and should give comparable results.
I reckon there will be plenty of people (like myself) making cases - this is what I'm getting printed via HP MJF (Nylon) at the moment - should look sick! 
You could use the STP files at the repo and play with them in Fusion / Freecad, I'm happy to share my STP files too.

[Image: f6t83Cw.jpeg]

[Image: DQpSyqH.png]
Man I love this so much. It looks like it should be made of rubber and bounce when you drop it. Reminds me of those super-rugged 'mil-spec' laptops and phone cases you can get.
(2024-03-30, 09:57 PM)jacqueline Wrote: Man I love this so much. It looks like it should be made of rubber and bounce when you drop it. Reminds me of those super-rugged 'mil-spec' laptops and phone cases you can get.

that’s exactly what I was going for, mil-spec but not in an assault rifle owning chad way, more in a cyberpunk dystopic way - I added a couple extra dummy fasteners on the front to really seal the deal 😂
Ha! I was wondering what was going on with those extra screws