Share your music players!
Big Grin 
(2024-03-13, 10:37 PM)rayne Wrote: this is my sweet lil md player, i made the bag myself - it's a JVC / Victor XM-S5, with the remote from a JVC / Victor XM-ZX5 - the battery life is great, and it drives my moondrop ssrs really nicely

Oooh, if we're talking MiniDisc...  Here's my beloved MZ-R55, still working great.  (Other than the gumstick battery, of course.)  Someday I'd like a NetMD player so I don't have to break out the S/PDIF to record at glorious 1x and destroy my thumbs typing in titles...

(2024-03-13, 10:37 PM)rayne Wrote: this is my sweet lil md player, i made the bag myself - it's a JVC / Victor XM-S5, with the remote from a JVC / Victor XM-ZX5 - the battery life is great, and it drives my moondrop ssrs really nicely

Oh I love how that looks Heart MiniDisc stuff always looks so nice
(2024-03-13, 11:25 PM)redshift Wrote: Oooh, if we're talking MiniDisc...  Here's my beloved MZ-R55, still working great.  (Other than the gumstick battery, of course.)  Someday I'd like a NetMD player so I don't have to break out the S/PDIF to record at glorious 1x and destroy my thumbs typing in titles...

i have a standalone md deck in my hifi which has netmd, i think it's a lot better than having to track down working & affordable portable md players with netmd, as they are very coveted by collectors

also, the colour of your md player made me literally shriek with happiness!

(2024-03-14, 12:06 AM)Shiny! Wrote: Oh I love how that looks Heart MiniDisc stuff always looks so nice

i love it too! i've got some really nice glitter disks too which make me so happy, i'd love to get the md remote or something similar working with tangara when i delve into  Neocat_nom_burger custom faceplate design Neocat_melt_happy
[Image: zCFDmUD.jpeg]
(2024-03-14, 01:03 AM)rayne Wrote: i have a standalone md deck in my hifi which has netmd, i think it's a lot better than having to track down working & affordable portable md players with netmd, as they are very coveted by collectors

Ooh, nice! I don't have room for one right now, but I'd love it in the future. And then a portable player (not recorder) with better battery life.

I imagine full-size decks would be easier to repair, too, and I'm not very skilled in that area, so that would be welcome.

What kind of standalone deck do you have? Would you recommend it?
(2024-03-14, 09:29 PM)redshift Wrote:
(2024-03-14, 01:03 AM)rayne Wrote: i have a standalone md deck in my hifi which has netmd, i think it's a lot better than having to track down working & affordable portable md players with netmd, as they are very coveted by collectors

Ooh, nice!  I don't have room for one right now, but I'd love it in the future.  And then a portable player (not recorder) with better battery life.

I imagine full-size decks would be easier to repair, too, and I'm not very skilled in that area, so that would be welcome.

What kind of standalone deck do you have?  Would you recommend it?

i've got a Sony MDS-JE780, I really like it! it's got NetMD, optical and RCA audio connections, it's even got a PS/2 keyboard port for titling discs if that's your thing Tongue

i use it primarily via NetMD, a wrote a small Go utility to transfer albums over from the cli, which is pretty handy

and yeah it's really easy to open up and work on, i already swapped the power cord on it over to an australian one (i got it from the UK) and have done a belt replacement on the disc loading assembly and it's all working 100%

MDLP is also handy, the quality is totally fine imo and you can fit a couple of CDs on a single MD that way, useful for albums which span two discs (like Nine Inch Nails' The Fragile, for example)
[Image: zCFDmUD.jpeg]
(2024-03-13, 04:01 AM)Shiny! Wrote: Hey, do you have any other standalone devices for playing music?

My phone! Neocat_reject

… more recently my tangara

and then before that, this bad boy:

[Image: tangara.png] [Image: any1.gif] [Image: cyberrot.gif] [Image: transnow2.gif] [Image: blinkl.gif]
I tried to upgrade my G3 ipod to a CF drive large enough to hold everything I own and it didn't really work out (glitchy), so now it's disassembled on my desk. Since then iTunes has gone to crap and I have accepted that I must now forge into the wilderness for my own music management software and I eagerly await a Tangara machete for blazing that new trail.
Hope I’m not too late to participate! Top row are two 6 GB 2nd gen iPod Minis, and a PSP 1000. Bottom row is an iPod 5.5 gen with a big battery and flash mod, iPod 2nd gen with the touch wheel, Tangara, and a super thin Panasonic SL-CT800 MP3 CD player.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Aside from listening from my laptop (since I seem to be always have it on me Neocat_comfy), my nano has been my music device of choice for like 7 years now. I can't get over the tiny touch screen even after all this time Neocat_cute_reach

[Image: ipod.png]
crawling to infinity

Neocat_nom_bun_nervous